The health tip this month is to do something you love. What makes you happy? Do you love writing, drawing, sports, taking walks or something else? Whatever you love, take time to do it! This is wonderful for your health, to take a few moments away from work to do the things that make you happy. So pick something today and take time to enjoy!
The health tip for this month is to talk about your feelings. Make sure to share with someone you can trust. If you’re married, then speak with your spouse. You can also talk to a good friend or family member or a professional counselor or minister. A significant part of healthy living is taking care of your emotion well-being. Otherwise, no matter how physically healthy you are, you will always struggle because your internal emotional state is not being cared for. So seek the Lord this day and ask Him how He desires for you to go about taking care of this; and live a more emotionally and mentally healthy life.
The health tip this month is to train and train for life. Many people set their sights to workout and eat healthy, but they end up burning out and only doing it for a short period of time. We want to encourage you to work towards your training goals diligently, but wisely as well. If you are just starting a workout program, then be patient with yourself and challenge yourself, while still being realistic about what you can achieve right now. As you grow in strength then you can increase your fitness level. A good way to start exercising is to walk. Start walking everyday and see how far you can go and then build from there. One last tip, find an exercise you find fun and you’ll never burn out. Be healthy, happy, and enjoy your workout!
A woman who reads our blog wrote in recently with a wonderful health and exercise tip and we want to share it with you! She wrote; “I put on Spotify on a song I love and I just take all my years of dance classes and just dance and that makes me so happy and I just forget my sorrows and hardships for a while and I feel healthy and happy.” – Emma N.J.
We just loved this suggestion and wanted to feature it this month! So take time to train and exercise, this is the health tip for this month. Make sure you have fun while you’re doing it. This will ensure that you will stick with your training routine, and you won’t burn out. A special thanks to Emma for the great health tip!!!
The health and wellness tip for the month is to de-clutter your life. This may not sound like a conventional health tip. However, de-cluttering your life can help you feel less stress. Think about this; your desk is covered with papers, old bills, sticky notes, and office supplies. You can’t find anything, and your stress levels begin to rise as you look for your car keys under the pile of clutter. If this sounds like you, then it is time for “Spring Cleaning!” Do you have a messy closet, kitchen, area of your home, or work place? If you answered yes to any of these, then it’s time to clean it up! Here are a few tips for organization;
1. Pick one area or room to organize at a time. Don’t try to do everything at once. Commit to 30 minutes a day of organizing until it is all done.
2. Create three piles; one for keep, one for trash, and one for give away. For instance, if you are cleaning your closet; keep some of your clothes, throw other clothing away, and other clothing items you can donate or give away to someone in need. I personally go through my own closet once per year and give clothes I don’t often wear or need to charity.
3. If you’re organizing your desk or paperwork start by throwing away the magazines and papers you don’t need. If you don’t need it then don’t hold onto it. Then, purchase files and organize your paperwork by filing it away, and put your files in a filing cabinet or in a place that you can easily access, but in a place where it is out of the way.
4. Keep the important items in your life. You don’t have to get rid of everything; but don’t allow your “stuff” to consume or overtake you. Sometimes getting rid of certain items and possessions will make you feel lighter.
5. Once your organization is complete, maintain it. Keep on top of it by organizing a little each week. This way, your life will never get messy again!
We hope this helps. You can do it!
Often people ask how they can look more youthful, have more energy, and feel better. To put it simply living a healthy lifestyle is the key. Many people abuse their bodies and they don’t take care of their emotional well-being, and then end up paying for it down the line. Over time the stresses of life can put a damper on an individual and cause them to lose sight of the fact that taking care of themselves is important. We are going to share with you three of our top tips for living a more healthy lifestyle!
1. Put your faith in the Lord Jesus. This is the most important of them all. When you know the Lord and entrust your life into His hands it alleviates your burdens and eases your sorrows. The Bible says; “Come to Me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For My yoke is easy and My burden is light” (Matthew 11:28-30).
2. Rid yourself of vices and alleviate stress the right way. Ridding yourself of substances and behaviors that are harmful to you and your health is vital. Think about the things you turn to in times of trouble and stress. Are they positive releases or harmful? If they are harmful, here are some things to do instead during difficult times; pray, read your Bible, do a positive activity, talk to someone you can trust, purchase a journal and write down your thoughts and feelings. Most importantly seek the Lord for the answers in your life. The Bible says; “A man’s heart plans his way, But the Lord directs his steps” (Proverbs 16:9). Let God give you the answers for your life and obey His voice.
3. Take time to do the things you love. Life can get busy and overwhelming at times. Learning to slow down and enjoy life will make all the difference. The Bible says; “Until now you have asked nothing in My name. Ask, and you will receive, that your joy may be full” (John 16:24).
We hope this helps. Remember; one day at a time. You can make it!
In this new section for 2012 we will give you tips for health, wellness, beauty, etc. “Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your bodies” (1 Corinthians 6:19-20). We are going to start simple this month and build from there. So our tip for the month is; drink more water. Drinking more water will boost your energy, reflect in your skin, keep you cleansed, and benefit your overall health. Stay tuned for more in February!