The health and wellness tip for the month is to de-clutter your life. This may not sound like a conventional health tip. However, de-cluttering your life can help you feel less stress. Think about this; your desk is covered with papers, old bills, sticky notes, and office supplies. You can’t find anything, and your stress levels begin to rise as you look for your car keys under the pile of clutter. If this sounds like you, then it is time for “Spring Cleaning!” Do you have a messy closet, kitchen, area of your home, or work place? If you answered yes to any of these, then it’s time to clean it up! Here are a few tips for organization;
1. Pick one area or room to organize at a time. Don’t try to do everything at once. Commit to 30 minutes a day of organizing until it is all done.
2. Create three piles; one for keep, one for trash, and one for give away. For instance, if you are cleaning your closet; keep some of your clothes, throw other clothing away, and other clothing items you can donate or give away to someone in need. I personally go through my own closet once per year and give clothes I don’t often wear or need to charity.
3. If you’re organizing your desk or paperwork start by throwing away the magazines and papers you don’t need. If you don’t need it then don’t hold onto it. Then, purchase files and organize your paperwork by filing it away, and put your files in a filing cabinet or in a place that you can easily access, but in a place where it is out of the way.
4. Keep the important items in your life. You don’t have to get rid of everything; but don’t allow your “stuff” to consume or overtake you. Sometimes getting rid of certain items and possessions will make you feel lighter.
5. Once your organization is complete, maintain it. Keep on top of it by organizing a little each week. This way, your life will never get messy again!
We hope this helps. You can do it!